Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Journey in Podcasting...

Ok... I have been familiar with podcasts for a couple of years (subscribe to a few on iTunes)... and I am very interested in learning how to do this for not only blogs but wikis as well as i am IN LOVE with wikis and am looking forward to actually using them in real classrooms not just hypothetical ones.  I also see the benefit where I could add a podcast re: my lecture and embed it on a project page on a wiki...

This post will chronicle my journey to see if i am successful or not re: my question of:

Can I not only create a podcast, but embed it as well--not just link to it...

My first website I visited was on ehow .  This taught me how to link to it from a different website.  Not exactly what I wanted.  I thought that if I Googled how to embed verses how to link would provide better search results...The next website from How to Podcast was based, again, on hosting a podcast on a server... NOT what I wanted...

I finally found this slide show which was helpful  and even gave links for free music... This slide show was SOOOO informative and a real lifesaver... Highly suggest this for help!  Discovered that I need to create an account at a podcast hosting website... (starting to click!)  I checked out Podbean, Podomatic and Snapdrive.. I decided on Podomatic..

Next step is to play around with podcasting.. will have to do when The Monster and Husband are a) asleep or b) not home... we'll see...

No comments: