Friday, November 6, 2009

edu.glogster.com --week 10 choice blog

I've actually been using Glogster a lot lately (for this class final project and for a secondary literature unit i am developing based on the novel Feed). If you log on to edu.glogster.com this is the site for educators and you do not have access to the rest of the glogs out there. ALso, you can create up to 200 student accounts. Another benefit is that the glogs are private AND you can easily embed the glogs into wiki and other social networking sites. So far, i have created two glogs for two different wikis and they have been quite easy. I've uploaded images, linked video from the web, added animation and embeded them into wikis! They look great and am excited to actually get in a classroom and to use them. I've been observing an 8th grade class and helping them write book reviews. I mentioned the idea to the teacher about using glogster to create interactive book reviews and will be showing her the program in the next few weeks. She seemed really excited and open to exploring this option.

2 comments:

Passionateteach said...

@Vanessa - I would love to see an example of your gloster. I just logged into the edu site, created 150 different user accounts, and I am trying to figure out how best to use it in my classroom. I think this is your project, so I will wait to see. Any tutorials or information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Julie Q. said...

I just watched a webinar about Glogster EDU. I am definitely using it while student teaching not only for class projects but also as a portal to my wikipages I plan to create.